Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Waiting For The San Francisco Treat


My earliest memories of the cable cars in San Francisco are television commercials for the “San Francisco Treat.” Every time I arrive in San Francisco riding the cable cars is on my list of things to do. The last time I was there I made a point of riding each of the lines from one end to the other. The cable cars are certainly a tourist favorite, but they are also a local mode of mass transit and the drivers recognize their regular local passengers. I can recall one driver waiting while an elderly man crossed the street with three bags of groceries to catch a ride up the hill on his way home from the supermarket. Riding the cable cars and watching the people and the scenery go by are a wonderful way to see the diversity and beauty of the city by the bay. I’m ready to go back, is anyone headed that way?

TR

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar