Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

50 Cent Names His Top 5 Favourite Rappers

During his interview with Larry King a couple of months ago, 50 Cent named his top 5 favourite rappers of all time. I was meant to have put this up months ago, but I must have forgotten. I just found it in my archives, saved as a draft. Anyway, check out 50 Cent's top 5 favourite rappers...a couple of surprises on the list.








"Top five favorite rappers, for me, would be artists like KRS-One, Rakim, Biggie, Tupac, one of my favorites too, Nas was one of my favorites early on. [Favorite childhood artist?] KRS-One because the aggression that he came with, with 'The Bridge Is Over.' Like, hip-hop's always been competitive so it's always been battling, it's been a part of the artform and he came in with the kind of energy that was necessary for you to make a statement." (Larry King Now)






I Remember 50 Cent dissed Nas on his Piggy Bank track off The Massacre album (2005), and they have not been on good terms since then. So, I was really surprised to see Nas's name on the list. Maybe that's why he said he was a Nas fan earlier on...like in the 90s.  A lot of people don't know this, but 50 Cent was actually considered for a part of Nas's The Firm rap clique (which had Foxy Brown, AZ, Cormega, and later Nature) back in the late 90s. 50 also featured Nas on two tracks (Too Hot & Who U Rep With) off his 'Guess Who's Back' underground album in 2002. He even went on Nas's Nastradamus tour with him back in 2000. So, you know they have a history together. I think it all went wrong when 50 Cent did a verse on the remix of J LO's hit, I'm Gonna Be Alright in 2001, but 50 got shot around the time, and a lot of music execs didn't want to do business with him. So, they took 50 off the song, put Nas on it, and shot a video for the song. 50 cent felt betrayed by Nas. When 50 finally blew up with Aftermath in 2003, he went at all his perceived enemies.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar