Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Let's Go Camping Nail Art Challenge Day 2: Nature

  
     It's day 2 of the Let's Go Camping Nail Art Challenge and today's prompt is Nature. I hope you enjoyed yesterday's nail art. If you missed it just click here on Day 1.


     For today's theme, I had a few ideas running through my head and finally decided on a scene of flowers in a meadow and the sun shining down. My oldest son said it reminded him of a watercolor painting so I'll be interested to see if you feel the same.


Free-hand-nail-art-manicure

     I started with a base of Sinful Colors Rain Rubber to use as my sky. This is one of their textured polishes. It really does look like rubber when dry, and before topcoat of course. The coverage I got with this was amazing, what you see is 1 coat!



      I used a yellow striper to make the sun and 2 green stripers for the grass. Then I sponged on a mixture of China Glaze Pelican Grey and Milani White on the Spot for my clouds. I tried to sponge on a little orange into my sun to give it some depth but that didn't work out so well. It still has some of what I was going for so that's a plus. For my flowers, I used Rimmel Funtime Fuchsia and Purple Reign.  Looking at this picture now I see that some of the texture from Rain Rubber made it through the top coat. Maybe if a thin coat is used, all the texture would come through?

     So what do you think of my Nature manicure? Part of me wanted to add a little bug in there somewhere but I'm glad I decided against it. I like my flowers bug free anyway. Check back tomorrow for the last day of the nail art challenge. You'll get to see my version of a bonfire. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar